Why support us?
The Alliance Française Glasgow is a registered charity, established in 1982.
It is a non-profit organisation whose cultural mission is greatly helped by public grants and private sponsorship.
The core objectives of the Alliance Française Glasgow are as follows:
- To play a direct and key role in the promotion of French language, culture and la francophonie
- To facilitate the development of educational programmes for children and adults
- To ensure the growth and continued excellence of its cultural programme
We would like to reiterate our sincere gratitude for the loyalty shown to the Alliance Française Glasgow during the pandemic and to express our thanks for the understanding of the impact the COVID-19 crisis has had on us and our activities.
The Alliance Française Glasgow is a local charity, therefore 95% of its income is generated by your subscription to all its activities. Like all other institutions and individuals alike, we are going to suffer greatly from this crisis and we certainly hope all our students, members and guests will be in a position to continue to attend their lessons as well as take part in our cultural activities, and thus support the Alliance Française Glasgow’s staff during this difficult period.
Leaving a gift in your will or making a donation to the Alliance Française Glasgow are two of the main ways in which you can help us to meet these objectives.
The Alliance Française Glasgow is proud to welcome back dedicated Francophiles year after year. We are very aware of the attachment people have to our institution and are deeply grateful to all who support our work.
By leaving a gift or making a donation, you will ensure that future generations continue to benefit from this window onto the French-speaking world.
Combining exceptional language learning opportunities and an extensive range of cultural events, we have offered a valuable service to Glasgow and the West of Scotland for almost four decades, and it is our aim to continue this mission well into the future.
Your legacy or donation will help the Alliance Française Glasgow fulfil the following aims:
- To develop language learning and teaching at our Park Circus premises as well as in schools in Glasgow and its surrounding areas: we are committed to promoting the benefits of language-learning among pupils and teachers, and work closely with teachers and schools
- To continue to offer our diverse and comprehensive cultural programme with the added benefit that many of our cultural activities are at no cost to the public
- To remain a vibrant centre for French and France located in the heart of Glasgow and serving the West of Scotland
All legacies and donations make a difference, regardless of their size.
Ways you can donate:
- Visit the Language Office or contact us on 0141 331 4080 to arrange a payment by cash or card
- Gift Aid:
For all methods of donations, except if you shop via Amazon Smile, and if you are a UK Taxpayer, please complete our Charity Gift Aid Declaration Form to boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate.
More information on Gift Aid is available here.
- Online when you shop via Amazon Smile: