Last updated 21/02/22
Please do NOT come to the premises if you currently experiencing any symptoms of the virus. This applies to anyone, whether or not they have been vaccinated.
The three classic symptoms of Coronavirus are: a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, and a change in sense of taste or smell.
However, the most recent and dominant variant Omicron displays cold-like symptoms including a sore throat, feeling very tired, having headaches that last a long time, a blocked or runny nose, or sickness/vomiting.
To ensure we are doing our best to keep our staff, visitors and students safe, certain measures are in place at our academy. These are frequently amended and subject to change – please regularly check our website for updates and check before your visit.
- Even if you have been double vaccinated, anyone over the age of 12 must wear a face covering (unless they are medically exempt) when moving around our premises. This is still a legal requirement in Scotland.
- Enhanced cleaning measures are in place and hand sanitiser stations are present throughout the premises. We encourage our staff and visitors to regularly use them.
- Keep a distance of at least 1 metre between yourself and other people whilst at our premises and please be cautious and compassionate that some people may be feeling more vulnerable than others.
- Wash your hands regularly, and when you enter/before you exit our premises.
- No more than two people at a time are allowed in the toilets.
- We have increased ventilation of our premises by opening windows and doors wherever possible. This may make our premises cooler so please dress accordingly. Air purifiers are also available for use in our classrooms.
- Please talk to us (staff at reception or your teacher) if you have any concerns – we are here to help.