Last updated 17/09/2021
Although some legal restrictions in Scotland have now been lifted, we are applying certain measures to make sure we are doing our best to keep all our staff, visitors and students safe.
These measures are frequently amended and subject to change – please check our website again for updates shortly before your visit.
What we are doing to keep you safe:
- We have conducted a risk assessment for all our activities, which we will be reviewed regularly.
- We are retaining a distancing of at least 1 metre for seating in classes and between staff.
- Please follow the signs inside the building to make your way to the different areas and respect the social distancing guidelines in place.
- Face masks in Scotland must still be worn by anyone over the age of 12 (unless they are medically exempt) when moving around in indoor venues such as the Alliance Française Glasgow, even if you have been double vaccinated
- We have increased ventilation of our premises, by opening windows and doors wherever possible. This may make our premises cooler; please dress accordingly. Air purifiers are also in place in our classrooms.
- Special measures for capacity are in place in each of our classrooms.
- We have enhanced cleaning measures in place, including disinfection of touch points and disinfection and airing of classrooms between classes, and are providing hand sanitiser stations throughout the premises.
- Wherever possible, we are staggering class starting times and break-times to avoid crowding in the reception area and reduce mixing.
What we ask you to do:
- Please do NOT come to the premises if you currently have any symptoms of the virus, or if you have been identified as a close contact of a positive case and are still awaiting results of a PCR test. This applies to anyone, whether or not they have been vaccinated.
- The three classic symptoms of Coronavirus are a high temperature, a new and continuous cough, and a change in sense of taste or smell; however, Glasgow is an enhanced response area for the Delta variant, whose symptoms include diarrhoea, a sore throat, muscle or full body aches, feeling very tired, having headaches that last a long time, a blocked or runny nose, or sickness/vomiting.
- If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they’re mild:
- Book a PCR test as soon as possible to check if they have COVID-19.
- You must stay at home and self-isolate until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test (not using public transport).
- More information is available here.
- Keep a distance of at least 1 metre between yourself and other people whilst our premises and be sensitive that some may be feeling more vulnerable than others.
- Wash your hands regularly, and when you enter/before you exit our premises. Hand sanitizer is available at various points inside the premises.
- Observe good respiratory hygiene (use a tissue, dispose of the tissue at once in a bin, wash your hands).
- Two people maximum at a time are allowed in the toilets.
- Anyone over the age 12 must wear a face covering whilst visiting our premises (unless they are exempt for medical reasons).
- Pay contactless if possible or online by bank transfer/via PayPal.
- Do not move any furniture such as classroom chairs.
- Try not to share equipment such as pens or paper
- Please observe good hygiene and exercise due care if you share food or drink in the classroom or during the breaktimes.
- Please talk to us (staff at reception or your teacher) if you have any concerns – we are here to help.